Infuse communication and collaboration skills into student lives.
Goal-setting and Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) are a natural pairing. Through goal-setting, students can learn self-regulation, build relationship skills, and refine their decision making. They can also set goals toward these individual efforts. In fact, 25% of non-academic goals that are set through Ascend fall into the category of SEL.
Manage & Motivate
Ascend provides students with a platform to document their goals, organize the actions they need to take to achieve those goals, and maintain motivation and focus.
- While these skills can be sharpened by working on any type of goal, many students using Ascend have set specific goals to regulate their emotions, improve their organizational skills, and create positive habits.
- Student advocates can guide students through goal creation, breaking goals down into easy-to-manage tasks, and encouragement to stay focused through the app.
- Administrators can see what types of goals students are working toward and how they plan to accomplish them
It Takes a Village
By building a digital village of supportive advocates, students learn communication skills and when and how to ask for help, which are crucial skills for building a social network and social capital.
- Students connect with mentors, teachers, family, and peers through the platform to help keep them accountable and so they know who to communicate with when they need help.
- Advocates can check-in on student goal progress, ask students where they need support, and provide encouragement.
- Administrators can see how many connections are being made across their student group, and which students may have gaps in support, so they can pull in the necessary resources.
A Framework for Success
Ascend provides students with a structure and framework through which to reflect on the hurdles, progress, and successes that come with working toward a challenging goal.
- Students can evaluate what worked and what didn’t to better plan for future goals.
- Advocates gain a deeper understanding of what progress a student has made, so they can more easily prompt the student with reflective discussion.
- Administrators can better understand the themes and trends in student goals and goal progress.
What Our Students Say
I think goal setting is an important mindset in terms of how to approach a problem in chunks. And now I set my own goals, especially on things I can directly control, like turning in assignments before the deadline…And I work with my professors in a similar way to how I worked with my teachers while using [Ascend].
Are you ready to learn more about how Ascend can help your students achieve their goals?